Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Last Weekend

  Last Thursday I met up with my Mom and little sisters Lizi and Annie in SLC to spend the day at the This is the Place Monument: Pioneer Village. I've always been a sucker for "olden day" stuff and so the prospect of spending a day looking at a model of an 1800s town sounded more than appealing. I'd been asking Carter if we could go, especially since its currently the baby animal season (that's right, they let you pet their baby goats) but for some reason he seemed slightly hesitant. Needless to say, he didn't seem too beat up about having to work while we enjoyed the village. 

Annie and Lizi petting baby goats


  After the village my mom treated us girls to pedicures and then she went on her way to Park City to spend the weekend with her mom and sisters. Carter and I took Lizi and Annie to dinner and then went home. On Friday I had work, and Lizi and Annie wanted to join me, so they hung out in the library while I waited for patrons to come check out DVDs. Afterwards we went for a run (more like a walk with hopping in it, my pace can sometimes beat a snail's) and then went home. We made lunch, talked, laughed, watched silly you tube videos and then I took my 2pm nap. When I woke up from my coma we went to get our cousin Abby for a cousin sleep over.

   Carter and I took the girls to pizza and we all bet on how many slices we thought Carter would eat (for the record, he ate 8) and then went to the Nickel Arcade. Carter and I challenged the girls to see who could win the most tickets but then we lost because we were too busy trying to beat each other at the fun games that don't give tickets while they hit up all the jackpot machines. If I ever go to Vegas, I'm bringing one of them, because they seem to have the best luck with winning jackpots.

  With their earnings they "bought" mustaches and then wore them to 7/11 where we got 50 cent slurpees and a Red Box movie. I actually did take a picture of Abby and the twins with their 'staches in 7/11 but being the technological nematode that I am, I deleted them. So in your minds eye picture 3 cute girls with mustaches and slurpies.

  On Saturday we took them to the mall for some shopping and then met up with my mom, who had finished up with her sisters. Sunday we went to church, made a yummy dinner, took a walk, talked/laughed, and then said our goodbyes as they'd all be leaving Monday morning.

  On Monday, Carter and I got some work done, cleaned the house, exercised, grocery shopped, and then went for a hike with some friends to the natural hot springs in Spanish Fork. We had a TON of fun being out in the woods and have planned a few more hikes and camping trips for the near future. I had some awesome pics but they got deleted as well...so picture a super hot, tan guy holding hands with an almost not teenage girl (who looks maybe pregnant or maybe like she had four dozen donuts) next to a cute couple in front of an awesome waterfall.

  Being with family and friends is the best. My little sisters (well all my siblings) are cooler then cool and always bring lots of laughs. And of course, my mom is the most wonderful lady I know and is fun to be around. As usual...life is good.

1 comment:

  1. EIGHT slices? Gross, but admirable. Ha ha. Sounds like a fun weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete