Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Funny Pictures and Baby Flutters

First off these are funny

Particularly significant to my family. Sorry if this offends; adoption really is wonderful.
Love this.
I am so excited! I was sitting on my bed studying for a test that I have to take in a few hours when I started poking my stomach. Perhaps it was rude of me to jab at the baby's comfy home but I thought I'd see if I could get him/her dancing, even though I doubted I would feel it. I'm 16 weeks along and have heard of women feeling their babies at this point, but I've also been told that first timers usually don't recognize movements until they're about 19-22 weeks. Anyways, after a few seconds of poking I waited. All of the sudden, tiny flutter whooshing pops tickled my insides!

As a first trimester veteran I feel like I've become an expert with what gas feels like (sorry to gross anyone out) and I can tell you that this was NOT intestinal technical difficulties. I won't go into details on how I know that, but it wasn't. Obviously after I felt the first flutter kick I thought I'd try to coax some more so I started jabbing again. Sure enough, a few seconds later I felt it again. Since then (its been like 15 minutes since the first flutter) I've called Carter, texted my sisters and dad, and am now putting it on the internet. Excited much? Yes I am. I have felt it a few more times and am in HEAVEN! Its so cool to think there's a real mini person in there! I'm hoping that this first interaction of me poking it and it kicking me back isn't indicative of our future relationship, but if so oh well. Needless to say, it will be a while before I get back to studying.

1 comment:

  1. I felt my babe move really early, too. Everyone kept saying "no,it's gas, you're not really feeling it." But I was! It's really exciting. They say you can't feel kicks from the outside until around 20 weeks, which is when your husband might be able to feel it. But until then, mom gets to feel it all day!

    ReplyDelete