Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Real

Hey Cyberspace. Today I need to let my hair down a little and share some things I'm struggling with. My purpose in doing so is to help others who struggle know they're not alone, and to process my challenges so that I might better find solutions.

Parenting is exhausting and hard. It is truly a refiners fire where you must learn to embrace the joy that comes from giving of yourself or shrink in bitterness. I am a very selfish person at heart and struggle every. single. day. to not be frustrated and whiny about what is asked of me. I want my home to be a happy, peaceful, nourishing environment. I want my kids to look back on their childhood with feelings of warmth. I want them to get every opportunity available to learn and grow. I want (NEED!) my life and surroundings to be organized and beautiful. I want enough time to connect with God, to sleep, to eat nourishing foods, to improve my mind, and to exercise. I want to fulfill all of my church responsibilities and make time to nourish my community. I want to learn new hobbies that will improve my home and mind. I want to do and be so many things BUT. I. JUST. DON'T. HAVE. ENERGY. OR. TIME. And that folks, frustrates me to no end.

What is the balance? What do I let go of? What do I put on a shelf for that nebulous "someday when things slow down" (HA!). There are so many wonderful ideas out there on how to live your life, and all make great arguments. I want to find my niche and feel comfortable with it. But I have no idea what my niche is? Am I the exercising/health minded mom? The June Cleaver homemaking champion mom? The hobby homesteading mom? The crafty mom (ok. we all know I'm not that). The intelligent always reading/writing/teaching mom? What do I want to be???

Because right now I'm the tired mom who is trying but usually failing. Anyways....I'm on a journey to figure out what it is I like and want to do with myself. In the mean time I'll be wiping runny noses and playing Thomas the Train with my littles.

Does anybody else struggle with this?


No comments:

Post a Comment