Thursday, November 6, 2014

Jayden's First Birthday

I wrote this on October 14 but forgot to post it....pictures are on the bottom for those not interested in reading my novel

One year ago I was having contractions. Nobody believed I could be in labor, I didn't even believe it. But I was, and Jayden was born the next day.

I can't believe it's been a year. Wow. We made it! For my records, I want to write a "snap shot" of how Jayden is right now. When my memories fade I want to to look back on this post and think "oh yeah, I remember that!". So this is Jayden, right now:

Since we came back to Utah he's struggled with sleeping through the night. Most of the time he can get himself back to sleep, but I'm currently worrying about what the problem might be.

He has four teeth, two on top (right one is crooked), two on bottom. They are so cute and light up his smile.

90% of the time he babbles to himself. He's a talker and we often have "conversations". I don't think he realizes that we can't understand him. Every day he seems to focus on a different "sound" and then he repeats it all day, with various inflections. My favorite is when he does a "j" and "g" sound mixture. It's kind of Chinese sounding and Carter and I love it.

Despite all the fun toys he has, he's obsessed with my lap top and phone. Whenever I try to do homework around him, he insists on climbing on my lap and touching the buttons. So I have to move my laptop around constantly, and then it becomes a game to him. He tries to get it, and I keep it away. Maybe it'd be fun, except usually I'm in the middle of an assignment and all the moving makes it hard to write. But oh well, that'll teach me to try and do homework while he's awake.

He takes two naps a day, one between 11 and noon and another short one at 3. Then he goes to bed at 8, and though I love having him up and at'em, I'm usually more than ready to tuck him in bed by this time.

He crawls really fast, but hesitates to take steps without holding on to something. He loves to crawl over to me while I'm working on something and stand by holding on to my legs while I stand. I love it.

Generally he doesn't have tantrums, and when he does flip out, he gets over it fairly quickly. But man oh man, once in a blue moon he'll just lose it. And it is not pretty.

He is the most curious little guy I've ever met. When I take him to the grocery store he just silently looks around in awe. He's never had a fit in the store (knock on wood) because it's so full of interesting things and people to look at. He puts EVERYTHING in his mouth and is guaranteed to have the best immune system ever. I try to vacuum regularly so nothing too nasty goes in, but once in a while I'll catch him sucking on a bug. Gross.

He loves people and is not wary of strangers at all. He'll play with anyone.

He does NOT cuddle. Not at all. Ever. Sometimes I take him out of his crib at night while he's sleeping, just to snuggle him. But when he's up, he's moving and refuses to sit still.

99% of the time, he never seems to get full. Holy cow that boy can EAT! Yet he's still so little. He's dropped from the 2nd to the 1st percentile. And I worry about it constantly.

He recently learned how to make his right hand into a pointer finger and thus points at everything, all the time. He laughs really hard when someone points back. Thank goodness it's not his middle finger.

When we tell him to clap he claps. I know that he recognizes a number of commands, but he doesn't exactly obey. Ok he never obeys.

He can say "ba ba" for bottle, "da da" for Carter and "ma ma" for me. It's precious.

Every day he goes around to all the cupboards he can get his hands on and he pulls everything out. It sure is fun...not. But at least he's cute.

I love my little boy so much and am so grateful to be his momma. There's no better job for me! Happy Birthday sweet baby. Quit growing up so fast.

Eventually I'll get pics up from his birthday party, but for now here are some of my favorites from our family photo shoot.












I'll love you forever my little itty-bitty :) Happy first birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment